The Hospital Aid is a group of local citizens who pay a small membership fee to belong to this organization that supports the hospital. Members can choose their level of involvement by actively volunteering at the hospital, crafting items for the gift shop or simply attending monthly meetings. The Aid elects a Board of Directors to oversee the hospital volunteers and to plan meetings and events.
We join in the belief that the health and welfare of the community is our concern. We feel that we can help in many ways by:
- Holding monthly meetings on healthcare topics.
- Learning the facts about our hospital and interpreting them to the public.
- Performing extra services for our patients – trying to bring them comfort and cheer.
- Performing tasks that will lighten the load of the professional staff members in order to release them for work, which only they are trained to do.
- Raising funds for equipment and the operation of the hospital.
Recently, the Waldo County General Hospital Aid donated a $25,000 matching gift for a grant for Waldo County Dental Care. Clare Tresham, left, treasurer for the hospital gift shop handed a check for $6,500 to Mark Biscone, President and Chief Executive Officer for the hospital, while Peter Tidd, right, Aid treasurer, presented Dan Bennett, Chief Operating Officer, with a check for $18,500 from Aid fundraising efforts.
Some of our services include:
- Assisting in central registration and the mail room
- Baking for events
- Delivering flowers and mail
- Making crafts for the gift shop, raffles, and tray favors for patients
- Operating the hospital gift shop
- Performing errands and office duties for departments
- Transporting patients
- Working on health clinics
- Volunteering at fundraising events
Joining the Hospital Aid: To become part of our wonderful group of Aid members, please call Community Relations for an application, 207-930-6739, give your name and address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A membership fee of $15 per year is required which assures that you are notified of all Aid events and receive the hospital’s newsletter.